Welcome to magnum.fd’s documentation!¶
magnum.fd is a finite-difference/FFT package for the solution of dynamical micromagnetic problems. It is written in Python, C++ and Cuda C and runs on CPU as well as GPU.
Original Project MicroMagnum¶
magnum.fd is forked from MicroMagnum (https://github.com/MicroMagnum/MicroMagnum) that was developed by the MicroMagnum Team:
- Andre Drews (Head of Team)
- Gunnar Selke (Lead Developer)
- Benjamin Krueger - Accurate (and fast!) calculation of the demagnetization tensor, with support for periodic boundary conditions. - Oersted field module (in development)
- Claas Abert - Calculation of the demagnetization field from its scalar potential.
- Theo Gerhardt - Geometrical shapes for the simulation description.
License and Disclaimer¶
magnum.fd is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
You might also want to have a look at these open-source finite-difference micromagnetic codes:
You code is not listed here, but should be? Drop us a line (email@example.com).
- Getting Started
- Input and output routines
- Command line arguments